Print Instructions

Notifications
Clear all

Print Instructions

Page 1 / 2

(@digitalvulcan)
Topic starter  

Hello, Very nice project, thank you.

Is there somewhere that says how many times each STL/part needs to be printed, or just once for all STL's?

(@admin)
Member Admin

Hello, and thanks a lot. 

All parts are printed once since all of them are unique. If I remember correctly only the pulleys from C axis are the same and they are named (something like) C L pulley, and C R pulley. 

ReplyQuote
(@digitalvulcan)
Topic starter  

Thank you.

I am printing in black, will use grey for the covers and red for all the pulleys, I think it should look pretty cool, I was going to do the inside gears of the cycloidal gearbox in red but already done a few of them in black.

Printing with a Bambu Lab X1 Carbon with AMS.

Will there be any issue printing in 0.2 layer height for better quality parts? Or have you not tested this setting 

ReplyQuote
Bernd
(@bernd)
Eminent Member

@digitalvulcan We use the same printing equipment.
We have already had partial compilations that took over 11 hours to print. We now have about two thirds and have probably printed for 50 to 60 hours.

ReplyQuote
(@digitalvulcan)
Topic starter  

@bernd are you using the print setting recommended in the build instructions or have you altered settings? I am currently using the settings in the build instructions but have changed layer height to 0.2 instead of 0.28

ReplyQuote
Bernd
(@bernd)
Eminent Member

@digitalvulcan We (my son and I) print everything with PETG and have adjusted the layer height to 0.2. We print on the textured PEI plate and print without borders. We want to try printing the supports with PLA (vice versa works well), they are then easier to remove.

ReplyQuote
(@digitalvulcan)
Topic starter  

@bernd printing supports in a different filament must add allot of time to the print, I think ill just continue to destroy my hands trying to remove supports haha.

I do not have any PETG, just PLA with a lot more PLA on the way and a spool of PC.

This sounds like a great project for your son, a lot of stuff we have to figure by ourselves here, but that adds to the fun and creates a great mind

ReplyQuote
(@matthiasm)

We are not using support if possible, but instead cut the models in halves with registration pins and glue them later. The filament will arrive tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes...

ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

That is a great idea. 
I used supports mainly on A core, and B core bodies, also in some of the covers. 
Maybe if I provided print orientations there would be a less guesswork. 

ReplyQuote
(@zombies1ayer2)

@digitalvulcan Ive been considering this project for a while now and just decided to start it. I am also using the BambuLabs X1 Carbon with AMS in PLA. First batch of parts im using the recommended settings but i plan on trying to tinker with the settings to see if it makes a noticeable difference.

ReplyQuote
(@30362)

My son and I are just getting started building this, with the Bambu X1 Carbon, but no AMS.  I've started part 1, the X Axis Core, in PLA with a .2mm layer height.  I am prepping plates for the next few parts and I'm not finding the nut shown in the printing instructions.  There's nothing "nut" related in the X axis STL files.  Is the Y pulley nut the one shown on Page 7?  Thanks in advance.

ReplyQuote
(@digitalvulcan)
Topic starter  

@30362 correct, y nut is incorrectly named, see this topic: 

https://arctosrobotics.com/community/general/incomplete-parts-list/paged/2/#post-77

Also it seems one of the cover panels is also incorrectly named as per my last reply in that topic

ReplyQuote
(@30362)

@digitalvulcan Thank you, appreciate the quick response!  I'll update my files and get back to printing 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@30362)

I just downloaded the latest 0.14 ZIP and found that the X Axis pulley is now 2 parts, the pulley and a separate shaft.  I've already printed the old version of the pulley which included the shaft, any reason they were separated and do I need to reprint?

ReplyQuote
(@giordan3d)

following the directions, approximately how many hours of printing does it take to print the entire arm? what is the longest print time?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: