nice project

Notifications
Clear all

nice project

(@pfaivre)
Topic starter  

Hello, your project looks really nice. Maybe I'll start making it.

But first I wanted to know what you have planned for the different tools (gripper ...) to attach to the arm

(@admin)
Member Admin

Hey thanks for the interest.

I made one version of the gripper (from the pictures) but I havent tested it and it's not my design so I just excluded it from the overall cad files. I plan to make something like this https://youtu.be/pmE4PjirRWE

Guy made a 3D printed version of a Robotiq gripper which is ingenious. 

Give me some time to think about it and actually make one. 

ReplyQuote
(@matthiasm)

Very nice. I am looking forward to printing things in a week or two. I was able to order a few parts so far, but the list is long. Looking at the Arduino Giga as an alternative CPU board though. It should make the arm completely standalone. 

ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

That is an interesting approach. I like it. 
The only question is will the grbl code be compatible with the Arduino Giga. 
But having completely standalone robotic arm will be a big step forward. 

ReplyQuote
(@matthiasm)

Since grbl is OpenSource, it should be possible to adapt it. There is already a version for the Mega, so the CPU Core itself is supported. Timers may need to be adapted.

ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

Someone in the reddit comments proposed a grblhal version. I really don't know anything about it, but I assume it has something like encoder stuff integrated. It would be so beneficial for further development of this robot. 

ReplyQuote
(@matthiasm)

Hah! Perfect. No Giga driver yet, but I am sure it will come (or I write it myself, no biggie)

ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

If you succeed we can maybe implement a small touch screen at the base (or even a teach pedant). 
Also what about a android/ios app with interface over bluetooth? 

That would be a massive upgrade! 

ReplyQuote
(@matthiasm)

I was thinking about a web server in the Giga over the built-in Wifi, so you can log into it from a web browser. But everything is possible. It even has a camera input... .

ReplyQuote
Share: