New builder Introdu...

Notifications
Clear all

New builder Introduction

(@renatojd)
Topic starter  

Hey everyone, I have been looking for my next project, specifically something in the robotics area. I have been 3D printing for like 3 years but really want to explore electronics and the intersection with 3D printing. I am not an engineer by any means so I learn by doing and failing. I am really excited to take this on. Wish me luck! 

(@admin)
Member Admin

Even if I'm an engineer by a vocation, my methot has always be try and fail. That way I learned most of the stuff. 
I'm glad that you are excited, it brings me a memory when I started printing this robot a few months ago. I constantly checked my printer to see if parts came out good. 

I wish you all the luck possible, and keep us updated with your progress. 

ReplyQuote
(@renatojd)
Topic starter  

First part, the X Axis CORE. I have a lot of stuff coming in the next couple of week. 

Bernd reacted
ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

Congrats! This looks so good!

What printed and filamend did you use? 

ReplyQuote
(@crazyraph)

Hey there!

I found this project yesterday and fell in love instantly 😍.

So I’m VERY tempted to build this robot arm right away (just for fun/having one)… 😉

So the question, as it is a very young project:

Is it better to start at once or wait until all the errors are found? (And yes, I want to start right away, and I don’t care to report and improve things, but my goal is in a distant future, to have a working robot instead of another unfinished project 😂)

And when there’s an update to the files, do I have to buy them anew? (I’m pretty shure no, but just to make shure…)

However a very promising and beautiful project!!

Cheers

Raphael

ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

Greetings,

I'm delighted to hear that you share our enthusiasm for the project. One question that has been on my mind is whether to begin building now or wait until all the errors in the CAD are fixed.

The answer is straightforward: There will never be a day in the future when all the bugs are resolved. This is a constantly evolving project, and we regularly release updated versions that address reported errors. In fact, if you purchase the current version 0.13, you'll have access to all future updates.

While some might strive for perfection, I recognize that it's not always attainable. If I insisted on creating the perfect robot, I might never release it at all.

Thank you for your interest in our project. Let us know if you have any further questions or comments.

ReplyQuote
(@renatojd)
Topic starter  

@admin I have a RatRig VCore 3.1 400MM. The filament I used is Anycube Silver. I plan on using up my stock of that and my Hatchbox Perl White. And some yellow and blue Hatchbox I have lying around.

ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

Nice, keep us updated with your build. 

ReplyQuote
Share: