Notifications
Clear all

Incomplete parts list

Page 1 / 2

Bernd
(@bernd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi Arctos, thanks for the updated version of the Robotic arm.
We will come back to you soon for the parts list, some links lead nowhere.

Topic Tags
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi Bernd, 

You are welcome. 

I have to check the links, since some of them are from the last year. Thanks for the notice. 

ReplyQuote
Bernd
(@bernd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@Arctos In the parts list, under Custom Parts, it says 304 Stainless steel rod, 25 x diameter 4mm length 70mm. I think it should say diameter 5mm. The mounting holes are approx. 4.8mm.

ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

I made them 5mm at first, but couldn't find any 5mm at that time. Holes were 5.4mm initially. Clearance is added in hope that they will rotate to reduce friction between them and cyclo disks, so that gearboxes will last longer. Also making them the same diameter as other fixed pins should reduce the overall parts count.

This post was modified 11 months ago by Arctos

ReplyQuote
Bernd
(@bernd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@admin OK, next time I'll ask before I saw a 5mm bar into 25 pieces and file it to exact length 😖 🤣.
But thanks for the advice.

ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hey Bernd, I double checked everything and all I can say is that you are absolutely right. Holes were 5 mm excactly (they somehow sneaked into the version v0.12). They should be 4.2 mm just like the z axis gearbox. I also printed a 5 mm holes at first, then improvised with some inserts. 

I will update this in version 0.13.

For anyone already printed this gearbox covers like this I own an appology and a refund for wasting filament, time and electricity. 

Thanks again for noticing and reporting this. 

ReplyQuote
Bernd
(@bernd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@admin Me again 🙄 ... After printing the A gearbox cycloidal disks 1 - 3, it is difficult to deduce the order because all the disks have only one marking point. Is there any other feature to distinguish them ?

ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

If I rememeber correctly they have a markings as circle, triangle and square. That was from the cad perspective, but it's not so visible when printed. So I referenced the disks by a 5 roller bearings. They shoud make this reuleaux triangle (I had too google this name). So If you stack one on top of the others there is only one way to make that triangle. Also try to rotate all disks when assembled just to make sure everyting works correctly before bolting the second cover. If you get a huge satistfaction while watching the disks move you'll know for sure you assembled them correctly. 

ReplyQuote
(@digitalvulcan)

Sorry for being off topic to the previous responses but I didn't want to start a new thread just for this question and the name of this thread seamed sort of suited to my question 😛

I am having a lot of trouble finding these 2 Idlers from the Bill of Materials:
GT2 W10 B5 16T
GT2 W6 B5 16T

Does anyone have any Ali-express or E-bay links to this type of idler, maybe I am just not looking hard enough or I am missing something but i just cant find them anywhere...

plz halp.

ReplyQuote
Bernd
(@bernd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@digitalvulcan I have taken the dimensions from the STP file of the arm and think these should fit. Smaller deviations compensated determined the belt tensioner.
GT2 W10 B5 16T: 
GT2 W6 B5 16T:

ReplyQuote
(@digitalvulcan)

Both of those are unavailable to me as I am in Australia 🙁

Does the 16T matter much if its without Teeth and compensated with belt tensioner/motor slots?

Maybe I could just use the original link in the BOM and get "20T W10 B5 without T" and "20T W6 B5 without T" as a replacement?

ReplyQuote
(@matthiasm)

Yes, I have the same issues. I am pretty sure that a 16T version with 5mm bore is not possible, or at least not with a decent bearing. They start at 20T. I am not at that point yet, but after printing the parts, I will know more.

ReplyQuote
Bernd
(@bernd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@digitalvulcan The dimensions of the idlers with 20 teeth and 5mm bore match the dimensions taken from the robot general view (arctos v0.13.step).

ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

When I ordered the idlers they sent me a bigger ones, so I heated them and pulled out the bearings and printed the rest. 

ReplyQuote
(@digitalvulcan)

ok cool so that is also an option 🙂

Also I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I cant find the STL for the X Axis Pulley nut?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: