Assignment of the S...

Notifications
Clear all

Assignment of the STL files

Bernd
(@bernd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Does the v0.11 update include the complete arm, or do parts from v0.1 still need to be printed.
For example:
Y core right.stl
still applies.
342 v13_342 v13_J1CORE UPDATED_1_J1CORE UPDATED.stl
replaces
342 v8_342 v8_J1CORE.stl.
I am having a hard time mapping the new parts to the old parts. I haven't really understood your system of naming yet.
sorry 🤪 

Topic Tags
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi Bernd, 

Parts from v0.11 are complete without need to print parts from v0.1, even if I just updated few parts. Please don't even try to understand it, since fusion assings them prefixes based on the model version. Also I had to filter abut 3500 bodies for the final version, and for 0.11 I was in a hurry to deliever before anyone waste any filamet. 

Bernd reacted
ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

Part names are updated in the version 0.12

ReplyQuote
(@matthiasm)

@admin That would be super helpful, plus a note in the construction handbook which part is which. We are currently determining the order of printing, but it is quite a guessing game.

ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

Yeah, I need to update a build manual aswell, since the parts got their names afterwards. For now you can refer (at least) to the part appearance, since all parts are unique. But a reference names would do the trick. 
Your feedback helps me to put myself in a builder perspective, since I spent a lot of time with the parts and got familiar with them. 

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@matthiasm)

Most parts are unique, but I wasn't;t sure if cable guides are the same or just look similar. Same with belt tighteners. The 0.13 scheme already helps a lot!

ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin

Yes you are completely right. Cable guides are the same except Z cable guide has slightly modified base just to follow the core bodys shape. Belt tighteners are the same for Y and A axis (Z axis is just mirrored). 
Also pulleys for B and C axis are the same. 
Picture for the reference. 

ReplyQuote
Share: